- Many bills were not clear as to what had been done so reviewing them was a challange
- Understanding who the providers were was difficult because many times we did not recognize the provider’s names or had never met them as they were behind the scenes.
- Some bills had only the amount to pay with no explanation as to what services were provided.
- Bills that did have explanations on them many times had multiple charges for what seemed to be the same service so deciding if they were duplication was hard
- It was sometimes hard to know when to pay a bill as we could not tell if the insurance company had paid or if we were responsible for the charge
- In addition, as I was in a weakened state, having the stamina to review the number of bills coming in was at times overwhelming
In this section, I wanted to include some resources that might help you better understand the medical billing process. Here are a few you can review:
Professional Healthcare Billing Advocate Can Help: Patients who have complex or catistrophic health care issues care can rack up millions of dollars in medical bills which can cause financial hardship. If you are having trouble reviewing your bills, are too sick to handle this task, are getting called by bill collectors, have questions regarding how much you have to pay, or need financial aid there are professionals who can help you. They are known as Healthcare Billing Advocates. Click here to read an article on how a billing advocate can assist you.
Your insurance company may also have a web portal that you can access to see what bills have been paid, and what bills need to be paid. This is where you will also find a copy of your Member Handbook. Again, you need to register and have internet service to access these portals. If you have questions they have technicians who can assist you.
Please email me if you have questions or comments. You can reach me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org