If you have not heard about this dynamic organization, take a minute and visit the website. Here you will find the work that the National Nursing Network Organization is doing in an effort to pass federal legislation know as The National Nurse Act of 2015 which will designate the same individual currently serving as the Chief Nurse Officer (CNO) of the U.S. Public Health Service as the National Nurse for Public Health. As this effort takes Federal Legislation, two Bills have been introduced and are gathering bipartisan support in the House and the U.S. Senate. The House Bill is H.R 379 (click here to read). The Senate Bill is S. 1205 (click here to read)
- Collaboration with the Office of the Surgeon General to identify and address national health priorities;
- Serve as a visible national spokesperson for engaging nurses in leadership, policy, and prevention efforts;
- Encourage health professionals to work with community programs to improve health;
- Increase public safety and emergency preparedness; and
- Prepare and submit a biennial report to Congress on nurses serving in the U.S. Public Health Service.
Your voice is critical to helping to show the power that nurses have in improving the health of the people in our country. That is why I am asking for your support and ask that you contact your Legislative Representatives in the House and the Senate and let them know that you support The National Nurse Act of 2015.
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact me!
Anne Llewellyn, RN-BC, MS, BHSA, CCM, CRRN
Email Address: email@example.com