In this week's post, I would like to explore the word empowerment and what it means to today's workforce.
The term empowerment refers to the activity of the leader to give power to others to enable them to control their destiny and protect their rights. Leaders must give the power to their subordinates in a way that they feel they have control over their destiny and therefore is the key to the road to a successful work environment.
- Opportunity (growth, mobility, promotion and recognition)
- Knowledgebase (opportunity to learn and grow)
- Necessary resources (having the tools and the staff to do the job safely and effectively)
- Information (data, monitoring of improvement and technical skill to do the job)
- Support (guidance and feedback from leaders, peers, and subordinates)
So how is your work environment? Take time to see if you work in an empowered workplace! If not, take the time to collaborate with your team to change the culture of your workplace.